Some questions from new player

4 Respuestas
2 Usuarios
0 Me gustas
847 Visitas
(@watergate)
Respuestas: 2
Topic starter  

Hi! Sorry, that I'm writing this in English. Unfortunately, I don't know Spanish (hope to learn someday). I just started playing Trafalgar with advanced rules and I have some questions.

1. New gun reload: can I just swap ammunition (for example: grapeshot for round balls etc.) in firing fase, or maybe it should be declared in crew phase? Does it affect fatigue?
2. If I'm using chain shot, "A critical hit with this ammo automatically causes a mast to fall". How do I determine, on which boardside mast falls?
3. Sails: if I want to change from low sails, can I just do it in movement phase? Or maybe I should also do it in crew phase? What about crew fatigue in this case?
4. Leaders: if I have leader on board of my ship, can he be wounded or killed? And if so - how it can happen?
5. Is it possible to publish some kind of splash card on Your page, describing purpose of every counter and every field on the ship card? Most of the latter I figured out myself, but I think that this kind of publication would be very helpful.

I think Your game is great. I'm a big fan of Hornblower series and all things naval, and in Navios de Linea I found everything, that I read about in Forrester's books. I love these little ships and the feeling of struggling with changing wind. Thanks for great game.

Michael

(@crisanto)
Reputable Member Admin
Respuestas: 199

Hi Michael, thanks for writing, I am delighted to help you.
1º, In the first question, what is established in the cannon reloading rule 4.1.3 is followed and reflected in the fatigue rule, rule 7. Therefore, changing ammunition does not have an additional expense of fatigue, as long as only one band of the ship / ship is reloaded.
2º, you have the rule 4.2.1Table of Fire that on the next page explains how to calculate which mast is the one that falls, it is quite intuitive:
The fall of sticks will depend on how the boat that receives the damage is located with respect to the boat that damages it, finding three ways to eliminate sticks:
• If the boat that fires does so on the target's bow (it sweeps it in front or shoots it through one of its port or starboard walls), the first stick to fall is the Ratchet, then the Major and finally the Mizzen.
• If the boat that shoots does so on either of the gunwales (starboard-right or port-left on both sides) the first stick to fall is Mayor, then Mesana and finally Ratchet.
• If the boat that fires does so on the stern of the target (sweeps it from behind or fires it from one of its port or starboard fins), the first stick that falls is Mesana, then the Major and finally the Ratchet.
Damage will always be applied by virtue of the attacker's position, so there should be no problem in identifying which club damage is received.
3rd, yes, correct, it is done in the sailors phase. However, the fatigue expense is not reflected, I thought there were too many things for such a low level of fatigue. I leave it to your choice, if it seems to you that it should consume fatigue, do it, but you will see that a time comes that you cannot do many things with so many actions, that's why I chose not to add more fatigue due to the change of canopy, but I understand can be applied.
4th, yes, correct, they can be wounded or killed like any other officer by means of a critical impact that says so. This leader takes the place of that officer who is wounded. In the event that the leader does not exist, it will be the nominal officer of the ship who receives the wound. It is the same process.
5th, well, I'm sorry it was not clear in the regulations.
There are some explanatory videos, but what you say is a good idea.
Let's see if I can do it and upload it to the web.
Thanks Michael for your kind words about the game.
Look to see in this link that you have more resources for the game and watch the videos, they still help you (although some are in Spanish)

https://www.trafalgareditions.com/apoyo-a-trafalgar/

Regards.

ResponderCitar
(@watergate)
Respuestas: 2
Topic starter  

Thanks for answer. I've got one more question. It's about grapeshot. I understand, that it kills one crew in case of critical hit. But what about normal hits. If I roll 4 or 5, does it count as normal hit, affecting hull?

I'm asking because I imagine, that this kind of ammunition has less impact on the wooden hull, than for example round ball.

ResponderCitar
(@crisanto)
Reputable Member Admin
Respuestas: 199

@watergate

Hello, yes, this ammunition had less impact than the round ball against the woods of the ships, but if you look, this ammunition is only effective at a very short distance, where it was devastating, therefore the damage it does I thought is the same as a round ball but only at that minimum distance and when it produces a critic it is when it eliminates endowments (it is like the case of the masts, which you have hit very hard and in the end you have thrown it; for endowments it is something similar)
Therefore, it is not so nice to use this ammunition since you have to be glued to your opponent and that happens with difficulty.
Regards.

ResponderCitar
Compartir: